Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day 11 Starkville, MS


Started the birth of our nation with a run in downtown Jackson and eating an entire watermelon at a farmer's market. Starkville...what do you say about this college town in the middle of Mississippi? I was able to see the house I lived in as a baby, where I was born, where my father worked, and hear some local music. The evening was spent in a place that epitomizes what most people love about our country. It was a gathering of thousands of locals from all races playing together. Parents did not worry a minute about their children running off; there was free food and ice cream for everyone. No one complained about standing in line, and everyone seemed to be respectful. There was a group of senior citizens singing timeless classics into a microphone. It was a little piece of perfection. I laid there on the grass with my head propped up on an environmentally friendly Mississippi Styrofoam cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment